Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yes there have been more of you asking for reviews of Creme Team. So I have gotten the whole collection and been trying it all day and night on me and my friends and my clients. Whew! I have been a busy bee :-) But I think I have gotten some goody goods for yall. So here we go:
media_creamteam001

Move over mattes, and make way for MAC Creme Team!
Last year’s Matte 2 and Mattene collections were fun throwbacks to the 90s, but for now MAC’s sweet on creams.
The Cremesheen Glasses in the new MAC Creme Team collection fit nicely with the Cremesheen lipsticks released a few months ago.
I previewed three colors from the upcoming Creme Team collection, and all I have to say is hallelujah! I’m in looove with the Cremesheen Glasses.
Creamsheen Glasses feel thinner, slicker than Lipglasses

mac-cosmetics-creme-team-cremesheen-glass-petite-indulgence-looks-like-sin-2
I’ve never felt the Lipglasses were overly sticky, but some women do. For whatever it’s worth, the new glosses — both Petite Indulgence (sheer hot pink) and Looks Like Sin (sheer berry) — feel noticeably slicker, thinner and less sticky to me than the Lipglasses.
The texture reminds me of high quality E.V.O.O. (shout out to Rachel Ray!) — you know, the way good olive oil feels on your lips. That’s how it feels.mac-cosmetics-creme-team-cremesheen-glass-11
Pigmentation and durability
Although I prefer the way the Cremesheen Glasses feel, the Lipglasses win in the pigmentation department.

I think the Cremesheen Glass colors look brighter and bolder in the tube than they look on my lips. When it comes to durability though, the Cremesheens begin to fade after just a couple hours on most of my friends, while the Lipglasses seemed to last about twice as long. That’s not really a huge deal to me, though, because for some reason I can wear lipstick and party and go to bed after a nice little romp and - voila - lipstick sill on. I also don't trip over having to reapply often throughout the day.

To their credit, when the color of Cremesheen’s wears down, it actually looks really pretty, like a transparent, semi-shiny wash of color.

Final thoughts
Right now, I think the closest products MAC has to the Cremesheen Glasses are their Lipgelee glosses. They feel similar and have the same faint vanilla scent but are just slightly thicker and aren’t flavored at all. The Cremsheen Glasses also last longer and have a little more pigmentation.

Makeup and Beatuy Blog Rating: A


Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme In Your Coffee


mac-cosmetics-creme-team-cremesheen-lipstick-crem-in-your-coffee-5
A few new Cremesheen Lipstick colors join the new Cremesheen Glasses, yea! Right now, I’m really feelin’ Modesty, but Creme in Your Coffee runs a close second.

It’s a creamy pink brown that looks low key in the tube but oh-so-amazing on the lips. I kinda think wearing it makes me feel more alive - and this was not just my consensus - this was the consensus of all my folks I tried it on too. They are all shades and colors...and the amazing thing is is that it almost blends in to your natural lip tone and kinda customizes a very flattering shade for you! For real!!
MAC got the mix between pink and brown just right — not too cool or too warm. I’m know ladies of all skin tones will be able to wear it well. It’s a fantastic neutral one of my bff's said she thought it reminded her of a Bobbi Brown color (aka the neutral lipstick queen according to my friend) I wouldn't know bc I dont go for makeup's that focus on neutrality - I go for va-va-voom!

Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A+

mac-cosmetics-creme-team-cremesheen-glass-petite-indulgence-looks-like-sin-creme-in-your-coffee-swatches-6
Swatches from left to right: Creme in Your Coffee, Petite Indulgence, Looks Like Sin
I’m stoked about checking out the rest of the collection when it drops next week. What do you think so far?

MAC Creme Team Cremesheen Lipsticks and Lipglosses: What Would You Get?
I’ll take my lipsticks and lipglasses with extra cream, please. 

Mark your calendars for the arrival of the new MAC Creme Team collection next Thursday, my fellow MAC Cremesheen lipstick lovahs!
The collection offers new Cremesheen lipsticks, limited edition Lipglasses and Cremestick lip liners. I’m really looking forward to Cremesheen Glassan ultra sheer and moist lipgloss with a creamy finish (available only until March) - OMG only til March?? This means we all need to stock up - which inevitably means every store and counter will run short :-( Oh the conspiracies....grrrr.

Are you already thinking about what would you get? I know I am!

mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-cream-cup-1-1mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-creme-in-your-coffee-2



























mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-crosswires-3mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-hangup-4mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-lavenderwhip-5



































mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-lickable-6mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-shygirl-7





























mac-cosmetics-creamteam-lipstick-spice-is-nice-8











Cremesheen Lipstick, $14
• Crème Cup: light blue pink
• Shy Girl: creamy neutral coral beige
• Crosswires: clean pinky orange
• Lickable: bright clean blue pink
• Lavender Whip: light cool lavender
• Crème in Your Coffee: creamy mid-tone pink brown
• Spice is Nice: creamy dark warm brown
• Hang-up: deep berry

mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-boybait-1







mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-cremeanglaise-2







mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-eversorich-3







mac-cosmeticss-creamteam-glass-fashionscoop-4









mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-lookslikesin-5







mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-meltinyourmouth-6mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-partialtopink-7

















mac-cosmetics-creamteam-glass-petitindulgence-8







Cremesheen Glass, $18

• Ever So Rich: sheer lilac
• Fashion Scoop: pale cool baby pink with light pearl
• Boy Bait: light neutral beige with pearl
• Partial Pink: light creamy yellow pink with light gold pearl
• Melt in Your Mouth: mid-tone creamy clean pink
• Petite Indulgence: mid-tone bright blue pink
• Crème Anglaise: mid-tone neutral mauve
• Looks Like Sin: sheer deep berry

creamteam-cremestick-sublimeculture-300









creamteam-cremestick-pinktreat-300









mac-cosmetics-creamteam-cremestick-caramello-1









creamteam-cremestick-velvetella-300





Cremestick Liner, $14.50

• Sublime Culture: neutral pink
• Pink Treat: dirty pink
• Caramellow: neutral caramel
• Velvetella: blackened plum

No comments:

Post a Comment