Monday, February 16, 2009

Fashion Week is Upon Us - And This is the Scoop on Day 1

As you may or may not know, Fashion Week has begun. Right now I am gonna give you the breakdown of the first two days we have been through. It's really been a rush so I am gonna report on what you have missed out on so far :-)

This post is all about the celebrities who showed and shined. Cuz come on, isn't that what we most care about? Yeah we love fashion but how many of us are gonna wear a feather-pleather-cotton shirt dress that costs 3,000.00? Didn't think so. But I will be posting about some of my favorite runway shows later.

021309_bowden_400x400Nastia Liukin, Adrianne Palicki, Amanda Bynes and Katrina Bowden


Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin and actresses Adrianne Palicki, Amanda Bynesand Katrina Bowden flashed their perfect smiles and long loose curls at the BCBG Max Azria show. "I'm not one of those women who has been obsessed with fashion since she was a little girl," said Friday Night Lights star Palicki (second from left). "It's something that I'm learning to appreciate—especially now that I have to think about how I look every time I leave the house!"









021409_newton_200x400Becki Newton


Becki Newton raised a glass to toast Martini & Rossi's new sparkling rose during a "suite party" at the W New York. "I am going to keep a few bottles in my dressing room for post-filming toasts," said the Ugly Betty star, who brought along her brother Matt for the afternoon affair.

















021409_fallon_400x400Rachel Zoe, Lake Bell, Jimmy Fallon and Rose Byrne


Jimmy Fallon gave his approval of the street-chic pieces that came down the catwalk atRag & Bone. "The clothes were very cool and British," raved the funnyman, who sat front row between Lake Bell and Rose Byrne. "Often, some things are too fashion-y, but Rag & Bone goes classy." Also admiring the label's tailored vests and tuxedo jackets was star stylist Rachel Zoe, who declared that she's excited the menswear-inspired trend is still strong for fall. "[My husband] and I can share clothes!" she joked.











021409_port_200x400Whitney Port


The City's Whitney Port was among the it girls who lined up for a first chance to nab items from the new McQ Alexander McQueen for Target collection, held at St. John's Center. In addition to some V.I.P. shopping, Port and fellow guests Michelle Trachtenberg, Brittany Snow and Amanda Bynes were treated to a performance by The Duke Spirit.














021309_lohan_400x400Lindsay Lohan




Before taking her front row seat—and causing a flashbulb frenzy—at the Charlotte Ronson show, Lindsay Lohan stopped by the DJ booth to greet the designer's sister, Samantha. Wearing a look from Ronson's Fall 2009 collection, and Louboutins, Lohan called Charlotte's collection "eclectic."


021409_cavallib_400x400









Roberto Cavalli and Padma Lakshmi


Top Chef beauty Padma Lakshmi joinedRoberto Cavalli at his Madison Avenue boutique to celebrate the launch of the designer's latest creative venture—the launch of fashion photographer Michael Roberts'Fighters and Flowers. The book marks the 10th anniversary of Cavalli's menswear line through the visual story of bare-handed Brazilian fighters.









021409_sims_400x400



Molly Sims


Fresh off a flight from L.A., Molly Sims lent a helping hand in the DJ booth at the Next Models 20th anniversary party, held at N.Y.C. hot spot Marquee. "I've been with Next for 15 years," said the model-turned-actress, who who joined fellow beauty Joy Bryant at the Artistry cosmetics-hosted bash, "I owe them everything—from my first runway job to mySports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover."















021309_dfuentes_200x400


The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection Fashion Show




Daisy Fuentes


Daisy Fuentes (in a red chiffon Pamella Roland gown) was one of the many stars, including Hilary Duff, Jennie Garth andAmanda Bynes, who helped kick off New York Fashion Week at the Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection Fashion Show. The annual show helps raise awareness for heart disease and also raises money by auctioning off many of the dresses with Clothes Off Our Back.

















021309_duff_400x400Hilary Duff


"This is the first year I've been able to do the show and I'm so honored," said Hilary Duff, who worked a trip down the Red Dress catwalk into her "girls' trip" to N.Y.C. with her mom. "I'm wearing Donna Karan. I designed a line for DKNY so we've become good friends." How will Duff prepare for the big walk? "I say a little prayer before I go out there," she said.



















021309_bynes_200x400Amanda Bynes


Amanda Bynes showed off her gorgeous gams in a satin Swarovski minidress (with a Daniel Swarovski belt) and a pair of towering Yves Saint Laurent platform heels. "I feel sexy and I'm very excited to get out there!" the actress exclaimed.




















021309_garth_200x400Jennie Garth


"I've been a supporter of the American Heart Association for a long time, so when they asked, I got on a plane," said 90210 starJennie Garth, who made a quick trip across the country to walk in the show. Did she have a hand in choosing her Badgley Mischka dress? "No, they sent me something wonderful and it fit. I believe that things like that just fall into place," she said.




















021309_spelling_200x4001The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection Fashion Show




Tori Spelling


"Christian Siriano is using jewelry from my line in his show, so I'll be there," said Tori Spelling, who got a last-minute hair touch-up from pal Jennie Garth before hitting the runway. How did the 90210 actress feel in her Betsey Johnson dress? "Flirty!" Spelling declared.


















021309_snow_400x400The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection Fashion Show



Brittany Snow


"It's nice to be involved with this because not only do you get to wear a beautiful dress and be a model for a day, but you're also helping to serve a purpose," said Brittany Snow, who wore Marchesa on the runway.



















021309_yamaguci_200x400The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection Fashion Show



Kristi Yamaguchi


"I just did a rehearsal and the catwalk is SO big! I'm a little nervous," said Kristi Yamaguchi, who claimed that her years as an Olympic figure skater did little to prepare her for her first runway show. One thing Yamaguchi didn't have to worry about was her dress. "Vera Wang designed my wedding dress, so she knows what looks good on me," Yamaguchi said.









No comments:

Post a Comment